Kenmore Mercy HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Part Time No Benefits FTE: 0.160000Bargaining Unit:
UFCW Local 1Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Four- 3 hour shifts per pay period to flex around school schedule
Under the direction of the Director of Pulmonary Services or delegate, The Respiratory Therapy Apprentice (RTA) is an unlicensed assistant to the respiratory department. The RTA is responsible for providing technical and supportive services for all respiratory service departments, including Pulmonary Function. The RTA possesses working knowledge of routine respiratory care and has exhibited age specific competencies in his/her educational program. Duties include calibrating and functional testing, disassembly and set up, troubleshooting and identifying equipment needing repair, and stocking floor carts. The RTA can assist with respiratory therapy chart auditing, pulmonary function scheduling, filing, and faxing. The RTA will maintain knowledge of infection control and isolation guidelines to prepare equipment. A graduated Respiratory Therapist may be placed into this position temporarily after TMC examination and/or CSE failure providing satisfactory employee status until successful completion of exams.
Responsibilities:SKILL AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM):
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Currently enrolled in a CoARC accredited respiratory therapy program with successful completion of their first year.
- BLS Certification meeting AHA standards
- Knowledge of respiratory therapy and procedures preferred
- Professional communication and organizational skills required
- Knowledge of sterile processing preferred
- Ability to lift, bend, and stand for long periods of time required
- Maintains knowledge and skills related to area of responsibility
- Maintains confidentiality and adheres to departmental and hospital policy and procedure
- Must be able to frequently bend, lift, and move heavy items
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize under stressful conditions
- Must be an accountable, independent worker and team player
- May be exposed to equipment used on patients who may have had infectious diseases and/or blood borne pathogens.
- Works with a variety of medical gases and disinfectants.
- Required to move equipment, medical gases, and supplies to various locations throughout the facility.
- The periods of standing, lifting and walking are frequent throughout the shift.
- Intermittent exposure to some unpleasant physical conditions, but mostly normal heat, light space, and office type of environment.