Mercy Hospital of BuffaloShift: Shift 3Status:
Full Time FTE: 0.940000Bargaining Unit:
CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Nights with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
Participates in the overall planning, organizing, directing, decision making and evaluation of the delivery of nursing care on their shift. As a professional nurse, the charge nurse is responsible for assisting in the management of resources necessary and appropriate for the provision of achievement of positive patient outcomes. As a professional nurse, the charge nurse participates in creating and maintaining an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect.
Responsibilities:EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- The graduate nurse is a beginning practitioner gaining experience in all of the above, always under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Registered Nurse must be currently licensed in New York State.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing currently registered in New York State.
- BLS validation and revalidation in accordance to AHA standards. ACLS within 6 months of hire.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Certification in specific area preferred. Computer literate.
- Competent in current healthcare technology
- Actively involved in productivity and staffing
- Is a leader in healthcare technology innovations and promotes these innovations in the capacity of super-user / train the trainer.