Administrative Regional Training CntrShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
8:30am to 4:30pm
The Health Home Care Coordinator I will apply the essential activities in conjunction with other providers (e.g. Behavioral Health, Substance Abuse, Aids Community Services) which include, planning, coordination, monitoring and evaluation with the core components (Comprehensive case management, care coordination & health promotion, comprehensive transitional care, patient & family support and referral to community and social/support services).The Health Home Care Coordinator I will be responsible for the following outcomes: reduce utilization associated with avoidable and preventable inpatient stays, reduce utilization associated with avoidable room visits, to improve outcomes for people with mental health illness and/or substance use disorders and to improve disease related care for chronic conditions.
- Graduate from an accredited school of licensed practical nursing required.
- Licensure and current registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of New York required.
- Associates Degree, or higher in relevant health and human services, or Social Work degree.
- In lieu of degree, two (2) years verifiable experience in care coordination/care management, working with persons with chronic illness, history of mental illness or homelessness.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year verifiable experience required in care coordination with at least one (1) or more of the following populations:
- Persons with a chronic illness
- Persons with a history of mental illness
- Chemical dependency
- Experience working with families
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to teach and influence others
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and customer services skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultures and socioeconomic conditions.
- Ability to actively listen to others to understand their perspective and ensure understanding regardless of barriers.
- Good critical thinking ability
- Ability to handle protected health information (PHI) in a manner consistent with The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996.
- Knowledge of computerized systems.
- Knowledge of local and surrounding area resources
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English. Some positions require fluency in English and Spanish.
- Visual and auditory acuity sufficient to conduct thorough and effective client interviews assessing both verbal and non-verbal cues.
- Mobility sufficient to attend to client services activities in and out of the office including home visits, client appointments and other client related business.
- May be exposed to unsanitary conditions in some home settings
- May be exposed to high crime areas within the community, within the county serviced by the agency
- Endures exposure to weather and temperature extremes
- Lift and carry a nursing bag and its contents of approximately 50 pounds
- Perform one person transfer under routine and emergency situations.
- Able to lift, push, and pull light to moderate loads