Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Part Time w/Benefits FTE: 0.500000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days with Call Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
7:00am to 5:00pm
Performs technically adequate echocardiogram examination, adhering to the laboratory's protocol, including Doppler and color flow and contrast as well as all required measurements in accordance with IAC Echocardiography standards. Questions, assesses patient and/or reviews patient charts to obtain appropriate history and diagnostic reasons for the exam. Reviews, completes, and prepares all CD's, Digital Studies (as applicable) and worksheet in Syngo Dynamics for the interpreting physician. The Credentialed Cardiac Sonographer will act as a resource person. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, and may be delegated to other staff:
• All laboratory duties delegated by the Medical Director, Technical Director, and Non-Invasive Department manager.
• Daily technical operation of the laboratory, i.e. patient scheduling and laboratory record keeping.
• Operation and maintenance of the laboratory equipment / storage.
• Compliance of the sonographic staff to the standards as set for by the IAC Echocardiography, including maintaining appropriate number of CME's.
• Provide support and training for the Sonographic staff and Sonographic students in expectation of becoming certified.
• Working with the Medical and Technical Directors and Sonographic staff to ensure quality patient care.
- AAS degree or Certificate in Cardiac sonography required
- BLS or must obtain within 6 months of hire
- Bachelor degree in Cardiac Sonography preferred
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer/Registered Cardiac Sonographer - credentialed through the A.R.D.M.S or C.C.I.
- New graduates of a cardiac ultrasound program may be considered if he or she has passed one portion of the credentialing exam. Completion of the appropriate credentialing is required within one year from the date of graduation. The new graduate must work under appropriate supervision of a credentialed sonographer until fully credentialed
- Associate will be subject to termination if they fail to become credentialed within one (1) year of graduation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Previous Cardiac Sonographer experience with 1000 hours recent clinical cardiac ultrasound
- Preferred a minimum 1 (one) year experience in Adult Echocardiography
- May be required to learn and adequately perform pediatric/neonatal echo where applicable
- May be required to learn and adequately assist during TEE and ICE procedures where applicable
- May be required to learn and adequately perform Stress Echocardiograms where applicable
- Work requires precision in recording and preparing data, recognizing that errors may have serious consequences for patients
- Must pay strict attention to detail and maintain alertness to detect evidence of irregularities in images as well as equipment malfunctions. These must be communicated to a Supervisor and a call must be placed for maintenance
- Must be organized in maintaining workflow
- Must possess patience and maturity in dealing with patients and families as well as medical staff and other hospital personnel
- Must be able to tolerate highly charged emotional situations, such as when called to a cardiac arrest or when evaluating patients at the end of life
- May be required to be available Sunday-Saturday, 6AM-6PM with varying hours
- May be required to take evening, night and weekend/holiday call
- May be required to travel to other CH affiliated locations
- Must be able to transport equipment from area to area within the hospital (ED. CCU. ICU, etc.)
- Must be capable of transporting equipment to the patient bedside
- Exposure to infectious disease process
- May be exposed to infectious disease processes
- Intermittent exposure to a few unpleasant physical conditions
- Frequently required to work in rooms with low-level lighting or inappropriate lighting
- Subjected to variations in temperature secondary to excess heat generated by ultrasound machines
- Exposure to patients who may be confused or combative