Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Weekender FTE: 0.613333Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
7:00am to 7:00pm
The Maternal Child Float Pool RN will provide direct patient care and support to the Maternal Child patient care areas, Labor and Delivery (L&D), Maternal Child and the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). The RN will demonstrate specific Maternal Child float pool competency in all these areas of Maternal Child. The Float Pool RN is required to be flexible and may have to float throughout the Maternal Child Units multiple times throughout the shift depending on fluctuations in volume and acuity. Coordinates total patient care utilizing the Nursing Process. Provides and participates in patient and family teaching/education. Collaborates with other health care professionals in the coordination of patient care. Provides direction to other non-licensed personnel within the departments. The Float Pool RN will maintain a level of competency based on their previous unit's experience.
- Current New York State Nursing License.
- Meets and is current and competent with all New York State licensure requirements.
- BSN strongly preferred
- Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS)
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Certification (NRP) or certification obtained within six months of hire.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or certification obtained within six months.
- Maintains NRP and BLS (ACLS & EFM if applicable
- Basic Fetal Monitoring
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITY:
- A minimum of 2-3 years clinical experience in Maternal Child areas required
- Demonstrated clinical ability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated clinical ability and excellent communication skills.