Sisters of Charity Hospital St Joseph CampusShift: Shift 1Status:
Part Time w/Benefits FTE: 0.400000Bargaining Unit:
CWA Local 1168Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Within the ten (10) Post-Operative beds in the PACU at St. Joseph Campus, the Post Anesthesia Care RN follows the Nursing Process, including but not limited to; assessing, planning, intervening, and evaluating each patient to administer quality patient care while meeting the physical and psychosocial needs of the patient admitted to and recovering from anesthesia and surgery. Our PACU RNs provide specialized care utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and the appropriate medications in the immediate pre and post-operative setting, in addition to ensuring a safe and comfortable environment for the patient and staff. The Post Anesthesia Care Nurse is also expected, as a high priority, to demonstrate compassion, respect and medical excellence throughout the patient's stay in surgical services. Surgeries include, but are not limited to; Ortho, Neuro, ENT and Plastics. PACU Nursing Team works closely and collaboratively with the OR, Ambulatory Surgery and Digestive Health Associates.
- High School diploma or GED
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required
- BSN strongly preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year of previous Med/Surg experience required
- One (1) year of recent (within the last 2 years) PACU experience OR at least one (1) year of critical care experience, which can include the surgical intensive care, cardiac care, medical intensive care or emergency department preferred
- Completion of Critical Care Class, Arrhythmia Interpretation and Defibrillation Class within 90 days of hire
- Current registration as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- Basic Life Support Certification
- ACLS (Advance Cardiac Life Support) within one year
- PALS within one year is recommended
- The position required heavy physical demands of lifting, positioning patients and moving equipment.
- Works on a nursing unit and in patient rooms