Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Per Diem FTE: 0.100000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
5a-1p, 7a-3p, 8a-4p,10-6p, Varied hours with possible 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift.
Primary responsibilities include the preparation of slides of body samplings to provide information for the diagnosis and treatment of patients and to assist the pathologist as required during grossing and/or autopsies. Additional responsibility to include specimen processing and resulting in the general laboratory as needed, including QC and instrument maintenance as required. Travel between sites as needed to meet staffing needs in laboratory.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Associates degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or related discipline required
- Must have valid NYS Clinical Laboratory Technician license or Certified Histological Technician or Limited Permit reflected with the Office of Professions prior to starting
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to work in stressful situations
- Ability to work safely with infectious material and/or hazardous material
- Customer focused
- Computer literacy preferred
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.
- Must be willing to participate in on-call scheduling as needed
- Schedule flexibility
- Must be willing to travel to all CH locations as needed