Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
8:00am to 4:00pm
Manages the planning and coordination of the perioperative services scheduling system; prioritize patient flow and ensure optimum utilization of surgical services to include elective procedures, emergencies and modifications to the daily operating room schedule.
Responsible for customer service relations with Physicians and their offices ensuring customer needs are being met. This position develops implements and monitors scheduling practices to meet the needs of the physicians, patients and the hospital.
The Coordinator works closely with Surgeons, and their offices to optimize surgical operating time.
Implements and monitors block time procedures and protocols.
- Associate degree required
- Operating Room Technologist experience a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Five (5) years' experience in hospital setting preferred
- Previous experience working with Surgeons and clinical staff required
- Working knowledge of surgery scheduling activity preferred
- Self-directed; ability to work without supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility in job to support service area goals
- Strong computer skills required
- Ability to work with a variety of software programs
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions