Trinity Ortho WilliamsvilleShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
Trinity MedicalExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
8:00am to 4:00pm
This position works as part of a team responsible for effectively scheduling surgical procedures, diagnostic procedures, appointments, and data entry of required information for General & Bariatric Surgery and Endocrinology services at St. Joseph's Hospital, Sisters of Charity Hospital and affiliated facilities in a consistent and timely manner. The position is responsible for identifying required personnel, supplies, equipment and support needed for work procedure and communication of findings. The post holder will work closely with patients and relatives, health care professionals, physicians, department managers and administrative staff both within and outside the organization. The post holder will be responsible for providing clinical support and patient education relating to the general, bariatric, and endocrinology procedures to be scheduled. The individual will also help ensure procedure orders are directed to the appropriate clinic/hospital with a focus on minimizing patient wait times and maximizing physician efficiency.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration with medical terminology, Nursing, or Medical Assistant preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- 3-5 years medical office or healthcare experience required
- Recent computer experience including Microsoft applications required
- Experience in data entry in Excel spreadsheets required
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience in scheduling medical/surgical procedures preferred.
- Ability to travel to and work at other Trinity Medical facilities and/or physician practice offices
- Advanced knowledge of medical office procedures and terminology preferably related to the General/ Bariatric Surgery and Endocrinology specialties. Technical activity includes use of office equipment, fax, phones, computer, printer and scanner.
- Demonstrates accuracy in typing and data entry.
- Working Knowledge of CPT, HCPS and ICD-10 coding preferred.
- Promotes positive relationships with physician office staff, physicians and nursing staff members throughout the scheduling process.
- Strong Customer service and telephone skills.
- Detailed knowledge of medical insurance, health maintenance organizations and other health care related topics.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with MDs, co-workers and other ancillary departments. Capable of providing support and assistance to colleagues to ensure quality patient care. Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with other personnel to achieve departmental objectives and maintain good employee relations and interdepartmental objectives.
- Can work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize work responsibilities and maintain composure while working under demanding conditions which may involve supporting multiple objectives, physicians and satellite offices. Can adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all related parties.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prepare qualitative and quantitative reports.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions.
- Work is performed in an office environment with normal light, heat and air. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.