Administrative Regional Training CntrShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
Catholic Health EmmausExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
- Ensures that clients are reimbursed properly and efficiently by verifying patient insurance information, reviewing billing information, verify accuracy of charges. Performs follow-up on insurance company denials on a timely basis.
The position will support the clients and Medical Practices of HCSWNY, and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review of all claims for accuracy
- Review and identify errors or issues with billing and correct the issue for billing
- Review and correct all response files from electronic submissions
- Follow up on any unpaid/outstanding/denied claims within the payers timely filing guidelines to ensure proper receipt of the claim by the insurance company or State/Federal agency, including:
- Verify patient's insurance information using Hnet, ePaces, Connex, insurance company portals, phone calls and/or letters to patients and/or insurance carriers and/or their websites.
- Make appropriate changes to correct the denied claims and submit corrected electronic or paper claims to the appropriate insurance carrier.
- Reviews EOB's for denial or partial payment information.
- Interacts with insurance companies to resolve issues delaying the collections of accounts, including the use of phone calls, emails, and portals.
- Document all patient accounts with each action taken into appropriate system.
- Follow up on all daily correspondence received on a timely basis.
- Responsible to keep up to date with current insurance billing requirements and changes by reading payer newsletters and other publications.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- High School diploma
- Graduate of a certificate program for Medical Billing Program preferred
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Two years of Medical Billing experience preferred
- Certification in Medical Billing/Reimbursement is a plus
WORKING CONDITIONS Environment
- Demonstrates knowledge of third party billing procedures
- Knowledge of claims review and process
- Strong computer skills (MS Word and Excel preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Dependable in both production and attendance
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs