Trinity OBGYN Buffalo DelawareShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
Trinity MedicalExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
8:00am to 4:00pm
The Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) functions within Trinity Medical as defined by the American College of Nurse Midwives core competencies of Basic Midwifery Practice and the Standards for the Practice of Nurse Midwifery. The CNM collaborates with the multidisciplinary healthcare team to provide comprehensive care to the pregnant and laboring woman. The CNM uses the processes of assessment, diagnosis, management and evaluation to provide care that integrates the psychosocial and physical needs of women. The CNM obtains history and performs physical examination to evaluate and coordinate patient care. In addition, the CNM may provide care in labor and delivery. Along with physicians, nurses and other members of the healthcare team, the CNM strives to ensure the provision of quality patient care leading to optimal outcomes.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing program and Nurse Midwife program
- Possess a license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State
- Current licensure as a Certified Nurse Midwife
- Meets credentialing requirements as appropriate through the Medical Staff office
- BLS certified
- NRP certified
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Nurse Midwife experience preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS: ENVIRONMENT
- Accurate history & physical exams, accurate interpretation of electronic fetal heart rate monitor
- Provides prenatal care in to varied types of pregnant patients including low risk active labor patients, outpatients presenting with various complaints both emergent and non-emergent.
- Working with various students rotating through Labor & Delivery including medical students, physician assistant students and rotating practice physicians.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.