There is no greater satisfaction than doing work that helps people when they need it the most. Whether you work with patients or support the people who do, at Catholic Health you will be part of a team that believes a career is a calling and knows healthcare serves a higher purpose. Catholic Health, like many healthcare systems in the world, is working to keep patients, long term care residents, staff and community safe. They were the first in the sate of New York to establish a COVID-only facility to bring the highest level of care to patients.
Catholic Health is a four-hospital system on five campuses with a combined 1,100 beds and medical staff of over 1,500. Catholic Health leads the region in quality, patient safety and patient experience, and has the only Magnet-designated hospital in the region. With state-of-the-art stroke care, neuro and vascular services and nationally recognized for cardiac, orthopedic and bariatric services. Catholic Health has a rapidly growning employmed medical group of over 175 physicians.
If you are a talented individual with a desire to learn, grow, contribute and want to love the work you do alongside a team that understands healthcare serves a higher purpose - Catholic Health is for you!
Provides medical care in support of professional medical staff in an occupational health environment. Provides a variety of medical services to associates and candidates in accordance with established laws and procedures. Works cooperatively with other health professionals under the direct supervision of a physician.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Completion of an accredited program for Nurse Practitioners
- Masters degree preferred
- Registration, current licensure in New York State and Nurse Practitioner certification
- Certification in CPR and annual re-certification required
- CLS certification preferred
- Occupational Health and/or Case Management certification preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA, NYSDOH and JCAHO regulations as they pertain to Occupational Health preferred
- Three (3) years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner preferred
- Experience in occupational health setting preferred
- Work is demanding and stressful at times
- Visual and auditory acuity are essential
- Considerable walking and standing during the tour of duty
- Knowledge and utilization of proper body mechanics is essential as lifting, pulling and pushing patients and equipment are required
- Works indoors in a well-lighted, well ventilated area
- May be exposed to communicable diseases