Administrative Regional Training CntrShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
The Corporate Educator/Clinical Specialist Maternity-Baby is a Registered Professional Nurse who is responsible for designing, conducting and evaluating educational programs to meet the needs of the organization and individual staff members in collaboration with the Clinical Education Department. The Corporate Educator/Clinical Specialist Maternity-Baby position, with a specialty in Obstetrics, is responsible for providing staff development expertise as an educator, consultant, facilitator, change agent, leader, and researcher. This occurs through the facilitation of the educational process assessment, development, planning, implementation, and evaluation of competencies, continuing education, and leadership development to meet the learning needs of Catholic Health (CH) associates specific to the obstetrical services. The Corporate Educator/Clinical Specialist Maternity-Baby is responsible for the education and training of nurses, policy development and the implementation of evidenced based practice change and is instrumental in creating a professional nursing climate within CH and improving quality and delivery of patient care specific to maternity services.
The Corporate Educator/Clinical Specialist Maternity-Baby is responsible for keeping current on healthcare issues and serves as a clinical consultant to nursing/support staff. He or she utilizes principles of adult learning in developing and presenting programs and possesses strong interpersonal skills in interacting with all departments within the organization both individually and by participation in hospital-based committees.
Further, the Corporate Educator/Clinical Specialist Maternity-Baby will assess, plan and intervene in complex patient cases, providing support and education to nursing staff, patients and their family members. He or she will collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to drive quality metrics for the organization and departments.
The Corporate Educator/Clinical Specialist Maternity-Baby maintains flexibility within the role based on ongoing organizational need.
This position will provide the Corporate Educator/Clinical Specialist Maternity-Baby function in normal Maternal Baby units at both Mercy and Sister's Hospitals.
- Current New York State R.N. License
- Graduate of an accredited professional nursing program with BSN required
- MS degree in education or nursing from an accredited program within two (2) years of hire
- Attainment of NRP Instructor Status within six (6) months of hire
- Attainment of NCC Certification within twelve (12) months of hire
- Current BLS and NRP certifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Demonstrated clinical expertise in related specialty position
- Teaching experience preferred
- Minimum three (3) years current nursing experience
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with all levels of unit personnel, as well as physicians, families, visitors to manage the diverse group of professional, non-professional and clerical employees
- Provides an evidence-based practice approach to patient care management
- Provides consultation regarding clinical issues, as well as human and resource management, in order to assure quality, cost-effective patient care, and the achievement of strategic goals of the organization
- Maintains current competency in practice specialty through participation in local and national nursing organizations, subscribes to nursing journals, and actively participates in symposiums and seminars
- Maintains awareness of state-of-the-art nursing research findings and consistently makes recommendations to alter practice to assure positive patient outcomes
- Continuously fosters and promotes quality improvement through role modeling, participation in care delivery task force initiatives, and maintaining an active role in problem identification and resolution
- Demonstrates an advanced level of nursing knowledge in the management and education of the nursing staff
- Demonstrates behaviors in the areas of advanced nursing which include clinical practice, consultant role, educator role, leader, and researcher in support of the organizational mission and strategic plan
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Planning skills to develop goals and objectives in concert with those of the hospital and implements action plans to meet those goals
- Teaching abilities to promote optimum orientation and continued education of the staff
- Has current knowledge of health care trends and issues and relates same to hospital and work area environment
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions