Home Health Aide Niagara MHC
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jan 23, 2019
Status: Part Time Flex Facility: Adminstrative Regional Training Cntr Work Schedule: Varied Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.600000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
A Home Health Aide is a paraprofessional who carries out health care tasks under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse according to the policies and procedures of the agency. The Home Health Aide provides assistance with personal care, housekeeping, and other related supportive tasks to clients with health care needs in the home or healthcare setting. : Responsibilities:
- High school diploma or GED, OR
- Pass high school proficiency exam.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Successful completion of an approved Department of Health, Home Health Aide Training Program or Department of Health approved equivalency exam with the written evidence of such completion required.
- One year experience working with the frail elderly required if working in the PACE program.
WORKING CONDITION ENVIRONMENT
- Good communication skills
- 18 years of age or older required
- Computer skills
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to understand and carry out directions, record messages, and keep records.
- Availability of reliable transportation
- Must be able to travel from case to case
- Ability to care for patients in a home or healthcare setting