Registered Nurse P/V Maternal Child Home Care MSHC
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: May 10, 2019
Status: PT BEN Facility: Adminstrative Regional Training Cntr Work Schedule: Days and Evenings with Call Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: .6 Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Registered Nurse, Home Care must be knowledgeable in professional nursing principles and practices, and competent in the provision of nursing care. Ability to function autonomously; to make decisions, to problem solve, and to comprehend and communicate information both verbally and in writing to patients, families and caregivers, physicians, multidisciplinary team members and other community agencies. Ability to function as a representative of the home care agency with a good understanding of services available, federal, state, and local regulations, and agency policy and procedures. Also must be able to demonstrate familiarity of insurance reimbursement and communicate this to patient, families, caregivers and all providers. Able to coordinate all services provided to the patient by the agency, informal supports, and community resources, and review the plan of care as needed including plan for discharge and implementation of discharge plan. Responsibilities:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, college or university required
- Licensure and current registration as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of New York
- BSN preferred
- BLS certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- One (1) year previous maternal/child experience
- Most possess a valid driver's license and have a car available for work use
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills required, i.e. software appropriate to position, word, excel
- Ability to prioritize
- Strong assessment skills required
- Ability to multi task
- May be exposed to unsanitary conditions in some home settings.
- May be exposed to high crime areas within the community, within the county serviced by the agency.
- Endures exposure to weather and temperature extremes.