Social Worker Rehab PV MSHC 3
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jan 24, 2019
Status: Per Diem Facility: Adminstrative Regional Training Cntr Work Schedule: Varied Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 0.100000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Medical Social Worker identifies, assesses, and treats medically-related problems of a psycho-social nature. The primary function of this position is to provide in the home setting professional intervention to patients and families experiencing social and emotional stress due to acute, chronic, debilitating illness. It involves direct casework service and referrals to appropriate community agencies.Responsibilities:
- Masters degree from a graduate school of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and the Department of Education required.
- Current license in New York State as a certified Social Worker required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Minimum of one (1) year of social work experience in a health care setting required.
- Good mental, emotional, and physical health.
- Current New York State driver's license and access to automobile for transportation on the job.
- Hearing ordinary communication and/or high-pitched and low-pitched sounds.
- Visual acuity.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of community resources, good case management skills.
- Ability to perform social work and case management services.
- Strong Verbal and Written communication skills