Community Health Worker Health MHC
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Nov 4, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Adminstrative Regional Training Cntr Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Community Health Worker position will primarily work in the community with specific target populations in order to educate, enroll, and manage health home members. The Community Health Worker will work closely with the care coordination teams and other agencies to improve patient care and outcomes. Patients would be seen by the Community Health Worker in the home or comparable environments. Assists with other duties as requested.Responsibilities:
- High School diploma or GED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- A minimum of six (6) months work experience in public health or in another position with the provision of social service, supportive services, personal care, or related duties.
- Basic office/customer service experience preferred
- Valid NYS driver's license
- Bilingual helpful
- Understands and maintains the confidential nature of the information handled and discussed.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact with all departments within the organization.
- Ability to function autonomously
- Proficiency in the collection of information from clients in completing standard forms and preparing required reports.
- Some ability to motivate clients to fully participate in service programs, to recognize clients with severe problems and communicate that information to the Health Home Care Coordination staff.
- Basic computer skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to set priorities and organize work.
- Ability to communicate clearly and politely
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- May be exposed to unsanitary conditions in some home settings.
- May be exposed to high crime areas within the community, within the county serviced by the agency.
- Endures exposure to weather and temperature extremes