Registered Nurse Certified Wound Care Home Care MSHC
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2019
Status: Part Time w/Benefits Facility: Adminstrative Regional Training Cntr Work Schedule: Days with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 0.400000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Registered Nurse Certified Wound Clinician (CWC) for Home Care is responsible for providing the clinical oversight for all wound care within the home care organization. The CWC will function in the role of a Clinical Registered Nurse for wound care to establish standards of care and clinical competencies to meet patient needs, and training programs to ensure clinical expertise. Provides consultation for complex wound patients according to agency referral criteria and certified wound care standards. Takes leadership role in development, coordination and monitoring of agency's wound care program, monitors and works to improve outcomes. Ensures continuity of care between Catholic Health entitiesResponsibilities:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, college or university
- Licensure and current registration as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of New York
- BSN preferred
- BLS certification preferred
- Wound Care Certification from accredited WCC or WOCN program required. Certification MUST be obtained within one year from date of hire or transfer into position.
- Ostomy Management Certification (OMC) preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year previous medical/surgical experience in an acute care setting and/or one (1) year experience as an RN in a Home Health Agency.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience providing direct care and assessment of wounds.
- One (1) year previous ostomy experience preferred.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations governing Certified Home Health Agencies (preferred)
- Knowledge of current technology and products used in the treatment of wounds
- Knowledge of Department of Health regulations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills and Leadership ability
- Ability to supervise, provide direction and motivate workforce
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in executing responsibilities
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a car available for work use.
- May be exposed to unsanitary conditions in some home settings
- May be exposed to high crime areas within the community, within the county serviced by the agency
- Endures exposure to weather and temperature extremes