Clinical Lab Technologist MSMH
Location: Lewiston, NY, United States
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2019
Status: Per Diem Facility: Mt St Marys Hospital of Niagara Falls Work Schedule: Nights Shift: 3: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.100000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Primary responsibility is to perform tests on body fluids to provide information for the diagnosis and treatment of patients. Proper handling of specimens, which will be analyzed at a later time, is imperative. The ability to organize work to insure that priority testing is efficiently performed is required. Clinical Laboratory Technologists may also perform duties of Charge Technologists when called upon provided they have six (6) years' experience as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist.Responsibilities:
- B.S. degree in Medical Technology or related discipline required.
- NYS Licensure required or appropriate special provisions as accepted by NYSED (as of 9/1/2006).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- A one (1) year internship at a hospital with an approved program for Medical Technology, which includes a clinical rotation in all laboratory areas (chemistry, hematology, blood bank, and microbiology).
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Able to work safely with infectious and/or hazardous materials.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Customer focused.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment.
- Ability to work in stressful situations is required.
- Schedule flexibility is required.