Licensed Practical Nurse Sheridan Health Care KMH
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Kenmore, NY, United States
Date Posted: Nov 18, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Sheridan Health Care Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Licensed Practical Nurse assigned to the Primary Care Center administers nursing care to the outpatient and is responsible for the delivery of the patient care through the process of planning, implementation and evaluation to the ages of patients served based on the areas of clinical practice, under the direction of the Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, or Physician. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and staff information.Responsibilities:
- Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing; Have previous occupational health or infection control experience
- Current New York State Licensure
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Relevant / current out-patient experience preferred in pediatrics, OB/GYN, and/or Medicine, depending on location and services offered at site.
- Successful completion of pharmacy test.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases, occasional exposure to unpleasant patient elements, contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances, may be exposed to /occasionally exposed to patient elements, exposed to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries and illness), subject to varying and unpredictable situations, handles emergency or crisis situations, subject to many interruptions, occasionally subjected to irregular hours, occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries, handles absentee replacement on short notice, may be exposed to toxic chemicals due to photocopier, flexibility in scheduled working hours/days to meet needs of unit.
- Occasional extreme heavy physical effort (lift/carry 50 lbs. or more).