Registered Nurse ICU SCH SJC
Location: Cheektowaga, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jan 25, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital St Joseph Campus Work Schedule: Nights with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 2: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.920000: Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1168Summary:
The Registered Nurse in Critical Care delivers direct patient care to patients in the ICU based on Nursing Process and provides direction to non-licensed personnel within the department.Responsibilities:
- BSN preferred
- Meets and is current and competent with all New York State licensure requirements, not limited to Infection Control and Child Abuse mandatory reporting.
- New York State Registration or completion of NCLEX exam within 120 days of hire.
- ACLS training required within one-year of employment.
- Successful completion of BKAT within 6 months.
- Successful completion of rhythm test within 90 days of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Current Critical Care Nurse experience with a minimum of one (1) year critical care clinical experience strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Demonstrated clinical ability
- Must be organized in maintaining workflow.
- Must possess patience and maturity in dealing with patients and families as well as medical staff and other hospital personnel.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.
- Moderate physical effort required, may engage in activities requiring prolonged standing, walking, close machine/instrument work or lifting, pushing, pulling supplies or equipment.