Nurse Midwife Certified Labor & Delivery MHB
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jan 28, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Mercy Hospital of Buffalo Work Schedule: Varied Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) functions within the organized healthcare system as defined by the American College of Nurse Midwives core competencies of Basic Midwifery Practice and the Standards for the Practice of Nurse Midwifery. The CNM collaborates with the multidisciplinary healthcare team to provide comprehensive care to the pregnant and laboring woman. The CNM uses the processes of assessment, diagnosis, management and evaluation to provide care that integrates the psychosocial and physical needs of women. The CNM obtains history and performs physical examination to evaluate and coordinate patient care at Mercy Hospital Labor and Delivery Unit as well as delivering patients, first assisting in cesarean sections, performing prenatal care and post partum rounds, providing first line on call for the Mercy OB GYN primary care centers, all within their scope of practice. Along with physicians, nurses and other members of the healthcare team, the CNM strives to ensure the provision of quality patient care leading to optimal outcomes. The CNM works independently at Mercy and has admitting privileges and also works in collaboration with the OB/Gyn Department Chairman, attending physicians, and care provider team. May also work in the Primary Care Centers. Responsibilities:
- Possess a license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State preferred
- Current licensure as a Certified Nurse Midwife or Licensed Midwife required
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing program or Masters in Nurse Midwifery program required.
- Meets credentialing requirements as appropriate through the Medical Staff office required
- BLS certified required
- NRP certified
- Electronic Fetal Monitoring Certification required within first year of hire To be monitored by Department for compliance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Nurse Midwife experience preferred
- Ability to perform accurate history & physical exams
- Ability to perform accurate interpretation of electronic fetal heart rate monitor
- Experience with first assist with C-sections
- Must be credentialed to first assist on cesarean section within six (6) months of hire.
- Must be credentialed to perform limited OB Ultrasound.
- Varied types of pregnant patients including active labor patients both high risk and low risk, outpatients presenting with various complaints both emergent and non-emergent.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.