Nurse Practitioner Primary Care Pathways SCH
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jan 14, 2020
Status: Full Time Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Nurse Practitioner works under the direct supervision of the Medical Director. They are responsible for assisting the Medical Director in the administration of all medical services performed at The Pathways Program. Responsibilities:
- Graduate of accredited Nurse Practitioner Program.
- Current Licensure and registered professional nurse in New York State without restrictions required
- Certification by the State of New York as a Nurse Practitioner and Adult or Family Nursing required
- Prescription privileges as part of New York State certification required.
KNOWLEDGE,SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year of work experience as a Nurse Practitioner required
- One (1) year experience treating chemically dependent patients preferred
- Experience with, and basic proficiency with electronic/computerized programs.
- Will be asked to become proficient with dosing computer and all other reporting functions of AVATAR system
- Must function as a clinical team member, integrating the Core Values and VIP into all daily activities.
- Must be able to read, interpret and under Physician supervision, results of urine toxicology test results, PPD results, and other laboratory blood work.
- Nurse Practitioner shall be able to perform all duties and tasks within acceptable levels within the initial 90-day probation period, and with minimal direct oversight from the Medical Director.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Computer Literate
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to establish and maintain therapeutic relationships with all patients who present for care, treatment and service.
- Works out of an office performing medical tasks.
- Will be required to travel to off sites providing same.