Nurse Home Visitor Educator Nurse Family Partnership
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jul 10, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Administrative Regional Training Cntr Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The NFP Nurse Visitor/Educator is responsible for providing comprehensive nursing services to women and their families eligible for the NFP Program. Nurse Home Visitors/Educators are responsible for maintaining the highest standards in clinical nursing practice and adherence to the NFP model, and to policies, procedures, guidelines and standards of NFP and of the lead agency. Responsibilities:
- Current New York State Nursing License in good standing.
- BSN prepared
- Current Basic Life Support
- Meets and is current and competent with all New York State licensure requirements, not limited to Infection Control and Child Abuse mandatory reporting.
- Certified lactation specialist preferred (IBCLC or CLC)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Two years recent experience in maternal/child health, public health, home visiting or mental/behavioral nursing preferred
- Home visiting experience preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Valid driver's license and auto insurance
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends
- Able to travel by air to Denver, CO for educational sessions