Physical Therapist SubAcute Rehab TMR
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Kenmore, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jun 17, 2019
Status: Per Diem Facility: The McAuley Residence Work Schedule: Varied Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 0.100000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Provides rehabilitation according to state licensure. Organizes and conducts treatment programs to restore and prevent loss of function following disease, injury and/or disability. Practices with autonomy, adhering to Best Practice guidelines and communicating with all healthcare professionals for the best plan of care for the patient.Responsibilities:
- As per professional degree from an accredited program by the NYS Department of Education
- Registered and licensed by NYS Department of Education, or eligible
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Prior experience working in a similar clinical setting preferred.
- Must have the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members and visitors.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into the existing Physical Therapy Services.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must have knowledge of Physical Therapy procedures.
- Evaluation and treatment of Residents for Physical Therapy programs.
- Involvement in the Care Plan process and MDS process.
- Screening of residents for physical therapy intervention.
- Documentation within the guidelines of CHS LTC Policies and Procedures as well as state and federal regulations.
- Communication skills which may be inclusive of approach, tone of voice, speed of communication, respectfulness and non-verbal communication.
- Physical assessment: Ability to assess the physical impact the disease process and aging process has on ability to perform daily tasks; examples may include skin integrity, functional mobility, ROM, MMT, ADLs, bowel and bladder control.
- Professional skills: Demonstrates knowledge of professional skills, consisting of a full systems review focused on disabilities and impairments affecting well-being and physical function, may include wound assessment and treatment, and pain control. Demonstrates best practice patterns consistent with professional standards as established by the APTA and the NYAPTA.
- Proficient in efficiently navigating utilized EMR programs.