Status: Part Time w/Benefits Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital Work Schedule: Evenings Shift: 2: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 0.500000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Physician Assistant is a independent health care provider who, working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary health team, is responsible for providing comprehensive care to patients. All duties and responsibilities must be accomplished with the guidelines of the established protocols and in accordance with the Physician Written Practice Agreement as required by New York State.Responsibilities:
- Graduate of an approved NCCPA (National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants and CAHEA accredited Physician Assistant training program (Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the AMA) required.
- Valid certification by the NCCPA as developed by the National Board of Examiners required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- One (1) year surgical experience preferred
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a stressful situation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with all levels of personnel, as well as physicians, families, and visitors.
- Possesses active listening skills.
- Respond to surgical on-call emergencies.