Director Financial Services Physician Enterprise
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Feb 15, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Administrative Regional Training Cntr Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Director Financial Services-Physician Enterprise serves as the Finance executive for the Physician Enterprise. The Director Financial Services will provide financial leadership, in collaboration with Catholic Health System leaders in financial management/analysis and revenue cycle. S/he will be responsible for the efficient and effective development and operation of best-practice, industry standard practice management financial functions. This includes collaboration with corporate finance in accounting and financial statement preparation, budgeting, and financial performance reporting including variance analyses, business plan and/or contract reviews, revenue cycle management, and decision support activities for the Physician Enterprise. S/he will be responsible for ensuring the financial integrity of the Physician Enterprise and will provide financial management and support to the Executive Director - PE and CHS' Senior Vice President-Finance and Revenue Cycle in carrying out the of the Physician Enterprise. As a member of the Physician Enterprise leadership team, s/he will lead financial operations and participate in strategic decision-making processes. S/he will interact with other leaders in areas related to mission, physician enterprise growth and planning, finance, revenue cycle management, and clinical and non-clinical operations, and will maintain a strong working relationship with members of the Catholic Health System finance and revenue cycle teams as well as third-party vendors providing contracted services. The Director Financial Services is directly responsible for oversight and reporting of Physician Enterprise financial performance to Physician Enterprise and CHS senior management. Additionally, in collaboration with CHS, the Director Financial Services collaborates with Managed Care to ensure accurate managed care pricing and reimbursement, and stewards contracting to ensure compliance and consistency across the Physician Enterprise. Keeps Executive Director-PE and Senior Vice President-Finance and Revenue Cycle advised in a timely manner of overall financial matters.Responsibilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration required.
- MBA strongly preferred, along with membership in HFMA and related professional societies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- 7 years' experience managing health care financial enterprises
- Experience managing financial reporting, accounting and multi-specialty physician group revenue cycle required.
- Experience in medical practice/physician relations.
- Experience with oversight of third-party revenue cycle relationship.
- Excellent time management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and general ledger software
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to interact with staff, colleagues and stakeholders in a respectful manner.
- Ability to function in a matrixed reporting structure with multiple stakeholders.
- Possess a strong knowledge of practice management and healthcare information systems
- Current knowledge of regulatory environment governing hospital-based and physician group practices
- Maintains a neat and professional appearance.
- Frequent travel to between sites
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.