Sterile Processing Tech II MHB
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jul 16, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Mercy Hospital of Buffalo Work Schedule: Nights with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 3: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1133Summary:
Responsible for the washing and decontamination of instruments and equipment Responsible for equipment retrieval, set-up, testing and distribution and retrieval of instruments from OR & L&DResponsible for house, general and specialty tray assembly, wrapping and sterilization Responsible for operation, cycle documentation and quality assurance of sterilizers, system 1 (Steris) and decontaminators Responsible for exchange cart, par level cart, case cart and specialty cart inventory and set-up Responsible for in- stock inventory managementResponsibilities:
- High School diploma or GED
- Associate in Applied Science degree in Surgical Technology preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Six (6) months Sterile Processing with prior experience with instruments and trays required.
- Associate in Applied Science degree in Surgical Technology will be accepted in lieu of Six (6) months Sterile Processing with prior experience with instruments and trays.
- Able to identify general instruments
- Lifting trays; walking; standing for periods of time;
- Operating equipment, pushing and pulling carts and equipment, reading; writing; communication skills.
- Computer skills helpful.