Pharmacy Technician Retail Pharmacy
Location: Depew, NY, United States
Date Posted: Feb 21, 2019
Status: Part Time Flex Facility: Catholic Health Infusion Pharmacy Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.600000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Under the direction of the Supervising Pharmacist and Staff Pharmacists, and according to New York State law, performs technical activities associated with dispensing pharmaceuticals in the outpatient pharmacyResponsibilities:
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Completion of Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) training preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Minimum six (6) months previous pharmacy experience as assistant to a pharmacist required.
- Additional pharmacy experience preferred.
- Previous experience in direct customer service environments preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Manual dexterity.
- Knowledge of math and conversions between units of measure.
- Ability to communicate effectively with excellent customer service skills
- Computer skills including:
- Pharmacy software systems
- Automated counting machine
- Must learn abbreviations, including brand and generic comparisons for interpreting prescriptions at data entry and filling
- Knowledge of pharmacy law
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment.