Manager Workforce Health & Safety
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Feb 26, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Administrative Regional Training Cntr Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Manager Workforce Health & Safety will be responsible for overseeing all health and safety initiatives for Trinity Medical of WNY. The position is responsible for the development, implementation and execution of an outcome driven Health and Safety program that meets the needs of the various practices. In addition, the position will be responsible for the managing via the utilization of appropriate metrics, training requirements, identification of safety related risk factors and auditing as deemed necessary and/or required. The Manager Workforce Health & Safety will also be the designated resource for all Trinity Medical of WNY practices as it relates to Worker's Compensation and Disability related claim activity. This position will work closely with all other Catholic Health (CH) Health Safety & Environment and IDM personnel to ensure there is consistent application of all health & safety policies & practices, including all Emergency Management program requirements. As directed, The Manager Workforce Health & Safety will be responsible for implement of all health & safety processes designed to minimize/mitigate risk of work-related injury and illness in order to achieve the maximum efficiency and effectiveness of the Trinity Medical of WNY workforce.Responsibilities:
- Bachelors Degree in Healthcare, Physical Sciences or related field strongly preferred
- Significant hospital based health & safety job experience would be considered in lieu of degree
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- A minimum of three (3) - five (5) years of relevant work experience in Health & Safety or IDM related position, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Emergency Preparedness program experience in a healthcare or medical practice setting preferred
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety prevention principles
- Solid knowledge of Incident Investigation techniques
- Excellent knowledge of worker's compensation and NYS Disability requirements / practices
- Strong knowledge of return to work programs/initiatives
- Solid training competencies to educate managers and associates in Health and Safety related topics
- Excellent knowledge of Federal, State and local laws, codes, and OSHA regulations applicable to safety and leave management
- Strong knowledge and experience with the National Incident Management System (NIMS); willing to certify if not certified
- Excellent computer skills utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project software applications
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Strong ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Demonstrated personal organization and time management skill
- Valid Driver's License and use of a personal vehicle required. This job will include travel between various Trinity Medical and Catholic Health facilities.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Intermittent exposure to a few unpleasant physical conditions.