Food Services Attendant Dietary MHB
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2019
Status: Part Time w/Benefits Facility: Mercy Hospital of Buffalo Work Schedule: Evenings with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 2: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.430000: Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1133Summary:
Performs a variety of duties to include preparation and assembly of meals. As needed serves cafeteria patrons and works on the cash register. Adheres to safe food handling procedures. Performs cleaning and sanitizing duties in work areas and equipment. Transports equipment, meals and supplies to various destinations according to Supervisors' request. Responsibilities:
- Ability to read and write English: follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate.
- Ability to tell time and read a clock.
- Ability to perform basic Math functions.
- Cash register skills preferred.
- Exposed to hazards from electrical/mechanical/power equipment. Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals. Subject to hazards of flammable, explosive gases. Subject to burns and cuts. Subject to varying and unpredictable situations. Exposed to hazards of steam and heat. Exposed to varying degrees of kitchen elements. Subject to standing and walking most of the workday.
- temperature cold enough to cause marked bodily discomfort. Extreme Heat: temperature hot enough to cause bodily discomfort. Moisture: frequent contact with water and other liquids.