Nurse Practitioner Labor & Delivery SCH
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2019
Status: Part Time w/Benefits Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital Work Schedule: Days and Evenings Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 0.500000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) functions within the organized healthcare system as defined by the Bylaws of the Medical Staff of Catholic Health and New York State Law. The NP collaborates with the multidisciplinary healthcare team to provide comprehensive care to the pregnant and laboring woman within their scope of practice. The NP uses the processes of assessment, diagnosis, management, and evaluation to provide care that integrates the psychosocial and physical needs of women. The NP obtains history and performs physical examination to evaluate and coordinate patient care within the OB-GYN Department, in addition, to providing care in labor and delivery. Along with physicians, nurses and other members of the healthcare team, the NP strives to ensure the provision of quality patient care leading to optimal outcomes. The NP works in collaboration with the OB/GYN Department Chairman, attending physicians, and Nursing Services. Responsibilities:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with current NYS license required
- Completion of an accredited Masters Level or higher program for Woman's Health Practitioner or a Family Nurse Practitioner required.
- Current NYS licensure as a Woman's Health Practitioner or a Family Nurse Practitioner required.
- Nurse Practitioner Certification required.
- If a Family Nurse Practitioner, must successfully complete the following the following Educational Modules by the National Certification Corporation (NCC) within one year of hire :
- Meets credentialing requirements as appropriate through the Medical Staff office required.
- BLS certification required
- NRP certification required
- Electronic Fetal Monitor (EFM) Certification within one year of date of hire required. To be monitored by Department for compliance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Nurse Practitioner experience preferred
- Experience as a nurse on Labor and Delivery or OB/GYN office preferred
- Ability to perform accurate history & physical exams,
- Accurate interpretation of electronic fetal heart rate monitor.
- Strong written and Verbal communication skills
- Ability to function in stressful situations
- Good computer skills
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.
- Varied types of pregnant patients including active labor patients both high risk and low risk, outpatients presenting with various complaints, both emergent and non-emergent.