Nurse Liaison Home Care Community Outreach MSHC
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Administrative Regional Training Cntr Work Schedule: Days Shift: 8: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Coordinates and transitions patients to the most appropriate level of care using established medically approved criteria for home care, in conjunction with patient/families, their health care provider, and other members of the health care team, whether in or out of an acute care facility. Fosters a customer service relationship. Fulfills marketing goals by generating new business and maintaining existing business. Responsibilities:
- Registered Nurse licensed in New York State required
- BSN preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Two (2) years clinical experience required
- Prior Home Care experience strongly preferred.
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions
- Knowledge of admission practices and procedures, as well as related laws, regulations and guidelines pertaining to hospital and home care practices.
- Maintains a professional appearance and appropriate professional demeanor at all times.
- Strong Leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Current New York State Driver's License.
- Analytical ability: ability to interpret data and draw conclusions;
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills;
- Keyboarding ability; knowledge of specific computers and/or software program, etc.
- Health care setting (e.g. hospital, LTC facility) and office environment.
- Travel is required between office, hospitals, and physician offices.
- May be exposed to actual or potential health hazards