Processing Technician Central Lab
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Mar 20, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital Work Schedule: Nights with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 3: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Primary responsibility is the registration, processing, and distribution of laboratory specimens.Responsibilities:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Previous work experience in processing specimens and/or computers preferred.
- Successful completion of Clinical Phlebotomy rotation and/or six (6) months experience in phlebotomy which includes microcollection and butterfly collection on both geriatric and neonate/pediatric patients preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Customer focused
- Able to work well in stressful situations
- Consistently demonstrate a confident and professional manner to coworkers and the public
- Able to obtain information and interpret this information in terms of the patient's and/or specimen needs
- Able to work safely with infectious and/or hazardous materials
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions
- Must be willing to participate in on-call, weekend rotation, holiday rotation, and multiple shift scheduling as needed.