Personal Care Aide Niagara MHC
Location: North Tonawanda, NY, United States
Date Posted: Mar 22, 2019
Status: Part Time Flex Facility: HomeCare Wheatfield Office Training Office Work Schedule: Varied with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.600000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
A Personal Care Aide is a paraprofessional who carries out health care tasks under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse according to the policies and procedures of the agency. The Personal Care Aide provides assistance with personal care, housekeeping, and other related supportive tasks to clients with health care needs in the home. Responsibilities:
- High School diploma or GED, OR
- Pass high school proficiency exam.
- Valid PCA Certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Successful completion of an approved Department of Health Personal Care Aide Training Program or Department of Health approved equivalency exam with the written evidence of such completion required.
- One year experience working with the frail elderly required if working in the LIFE (PACE) program.
- Good communication skills which may be inclusive of approach, tone of voice and respectfulness
- 18 years of age or older required
- Basic Computer and Telephone Skills
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to understand and carry out directions as well as keep records
- Availability of reliable transportation
- Must be able to travel from case to case
- Ability to care for patients in a home or healthcare setting
- Light to moderate lifting, bending, twisting and reaching
- In-home work setting varies
- On feet most of day, likely exposure to variable temperatures especially during winter and summer seasons as well as during personal care of patient/bathing may be humid and warm.
- Frequent exposure to many disagreeable physical conditions.