Patient Services Technician Lab Services MHB
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Dec 11, 2019
Status: Weekender Facility: Mercy Hospital of Buffalo Work Schedule: Weekend Only Friday and Saturday Shift: 3: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.200000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Primary responsibility for specimen collection procedures including, but not limited to venipuncture and capillary draws. Assist in the collection of autologous donors.Responsibilities:
- High School diploma or GED
- Successful completion of Clinical Phlebotomy rotation and/or six (6) months experience in phlebotomy which includes microcollection and butterfly collection on both geriatric and neonate/pediatric patients preferred.
- Proof of certification required if experience is less than six (6) months.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Six (6) months experience in phlebotomy which includes microcollection and butterfly collection on both geriatric and neonate/pediatric patients
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to obtain information and interpret this information in terms of the patient's needs
- Customer focused
- Able to work well in stressful situations
- Consistently demonstrate a confident and professional manner to coworkers and the public
- Able to work safely with infectious and/or hazardous materials.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.