Medical Director Cardiology Services
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jun 1, 2020
Status: Part Time w/Benefits Facility: Administrative Regional Training Cntr Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 0.400000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Medical Director Cardiology Services provides clinical leadership to Trinity Cardiology and all Catholic Health (CH) Cardiology services. Through a dyadic physician-administrator partnership, the Medical Director ensures that day-to-day clinical operations are consistent with and help achieve CH and Trinity's mission, vision, and values. In partnership with the Physician Enterprise (PE) leadership and the administrative director Cardiology Services, the Medical Director will participate in setting the overall direction, goals, and objectives and shall provide input regarding key strategic, clinical, and operational issues. The Medical Director Cardiology Services is responsible for providing the leadership to achieve consistent, high-quality care within all CH and Trinity programs, services, and facilities. The Medical Director Cardiology Services will manage providers and take an active role in ensuring that providers understand the goals and objectives of CH and Trinity, P.C. as well as the translation of those goals and objectives into day-to-day practice and behavior. Supports and participates in onboarding and ongoing management activities, including serving as a coach to providers regarding clinical, managerial and behavioral matters.Responsibilities:
- Graduate of an accredited medical or osteopathic school
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- This position requires a physician with strong clinical and administrative experience in Cardiology leadership. They will need to possess the following professional and personal attributes to successfully execute the roles and responsibilities of this position:
- Current New York State license in good standing to practice medicine
- Must be board certified in cardiology
- Must be a practicing physician and be willing to spend 80% of time in clinical practice
- Demonstrated success in a leadership or management role, with emphasis on promotion of communication and collegiality across a diverse and highly qualified medical staff
- Ability to function in and support a physician-administrator dyad leadership model
- Frequent travel between sites
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.