Speech Pathologist SubAcute Rehab FBM N
Location: Orchard Park, NY, United States
Date Posted: Apr 13, 2019
Status: Per Diem Facility: Father Baker Manor Work Schedule: Days with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.100000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Provides rehabilitation according to state licensure. Organizes and conducts treatment programs to restore and prevent loss of function following disease, injury and/or disability. Practices with autonomy, adhering to Best Practice guidelines and communicating with all healthcare professionals for the best plan of care for the patient.Responsibilities:
- Professional degree from an accredited program by the NYS Department of Education
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC's)
- Registered and licensed by NYS Department of Education
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Prior experience working in a similar clinical setting preferred. Experience with Modified Barium Swallow (MBS) studies preferred. Vital Stim certification preferred.
- Must have the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members and visitors.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into the existing Speech and Language/Swallowing/Cognitive Therapy Services.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must have knowledge of Speech and Language/Swallowing/Cognitive Therapy procedures.
- Evaluation and treatment of Residents/Patients for Speech and Language/Swallowing/Cognitive Therapy programs.
- Involvement in the Care Plan process and MDS process.
- Screening of residents for Speech and Language/Swallowing/Cognitive therapy intervention.
- Documentation within the guidelines of CHS LTC Policies and Procedures as well as state and federal regulations.
- Communication skills which may be inclusive of approach, tone of voice, speed of communication, respectfulness and non-verbal communication.
- Physical assessment: Ability to assess the physical and psychosocial impact the disease process and aging process has on ability to perform daily tasks; examples may include cognitive assessment and treatment, swallowing assessment and treatment, and speech and language assessment and treatment, and voice and fluency assessment and treatment.
- Professional Skills: Demonstrates professional skills consisting of full system review focused on disabilities and impairments affecting wellbeing and physical/psychosocial function. Demonstrates best practice patterns consistent with professional standards as established by ASHA and the NYSSLHA.
- Proficient in efficiency navigating utilized EMR programs.