Cook's Helper Dietary MHB
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jun 20, 2019
Status: Full Time Temporary Facility: Mercy Hospital of Buffalo Work Schedule: Days with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1133Summary:
Performs a variety of duties to include the preparation and assembly of patient meals. Adheres to safe food handling procedures. Performs cleaning and sanitizing duties in work areas which includes equipment. May transport
equipment, and supplies to various destinations according to requests. May work on patient tray line as needed. Responsibilities:
- Ability to read and write English, follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate.
- Ability to tell time and read a clock.
- Ability to perform basic Math functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Six months experience as a Food Service Attendant.
- Considerable physical effort (lifts/carry 25 pounds or greater.). Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking. Lifts supplies/equipment. Pushes/pulls or moves/lifts equipment/supplies. Manual dexterity and mobility required. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
- Exposed to hazards from electrical/mechanical/power equipment. Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals. Subject to hazards of flammable, explosive gases. Subject to burns and cuts. Subject to varying and unpredictable situations. Exposed to hazards of steam and heat. Exposed to varying degrees of kitchen elements. Subject to standing and walking most of the workday.
- Extreme Cold: temperature cold enough to cause marked bodily discomfort.
- Extreme Heat: temperature hot enough to cause bodily discomfort.
- Moisture: frequent contact with water and other liquids.