Financial Representative Utilization Management
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: May 21, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Administrative Regional Training Cntr Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Utilization Management Financial Representative, working with the oversight of a Registered Nurse, is responsible for obtaining and tracking initial and concurrent insurance authorizations for services provided. This position works closely with home care's intake and data resolution staff to maintain effective communication related to the patient's financial coverage status. Acts as an advocate for the patient. Responsibilities:
- Associate's degree in business or health related field required.
- In lieu of degree, one (1) year experience in a health related field, preferably in health care operations, insurance authorizations/billing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Utilization Management/billing experience preferred
- Post-Acute Health Care experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and Managed Medicaid regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong sense of teamwork and able to work collaboratively with other agency departments.
- Knowledge of InterQual guidelines
- Focus on customer satisfaction
- Professional dress required
- Computer skills required (Microsoft Office, Access)