Outreach Service Technician SCH
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Apr 25, 2019
Status: Part Time w/Benefits Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital Work Schedule: Days with Call Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.533000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Primary responsibility is specimen collection procedures in a Laboratory Patient Service Center, client's home, nursing homes including, but not limited to, venipuncture and capillary draws.Responsibilities:
- High School diploma or GED
- Phlebotomy certificate
- Possess valid NYS Driver's License and have use of a vehicle.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Successful completion of Clinical Phlebotomy rotation and/or six (6) months experience in phlebotomy which includes microcollection and butterfly collection on geriatric and neonate/pediatric patients preferred.
- Proof of certification required if experience is less than six (6) months.
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer focused
- Consistently demonstrate a confident and professional manner to coworkers and public
- Able to work safely with infectious and/or hazardous materials
- Intermittent exposure to a few unpleasant physical conditions due to weather.
- Schedule flexibility.
- Transporting phlebotomy supplies as needed.