Perioperative Attendant Center Hall Surgery MHB
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jul 22, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Mercy Hospital of Buffalo Work Schedule: Evenings Shift: 2: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1133Summary:
The primary role of the Perioperative Attendant is to assist the OR team in preparation, setup and turn-over of surgical procedures. Additional roles include assisting the OR team in the care of perioperative patients.Responsibilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent, ability to read with comprehension and write legibly.
- Medical terminology required
- Experience as a sterile processing technician I
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Successful completion of academic coursework related to medical terminology, concepts of surgical care, and/or surgical technology
- Hand and finger dexterity to manipulate hospital equipment.
- To assist other hospital staff in direct patient care.
- To demonstrate familiarity with use and maintenance of hospital equipment and supplies used in performance of duties.
- Has an obligation to conserve supplies, equipment and time in an effective, efficient and economic manner.
- To maintain a clean, safe work area and neat personal appearance.
- To strive for gentle, friendly, cooperative, courteous behavior.
- Ability to push/pull patient carts alone on a continual basis.
- Ability to handle stressful conditions.
Mental and physical health sufficient to withstand strenuous activity, bending, lifting, walking.
Stands and walks most of the day.
May be exposed to communicable diseases.
Flexible regarding assigned time to satisfy department needs.
Subject to environmental conditions.