Pharmacy Technician SCH SJC
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Cheektowaga, NY, United States
Date Posted: Nov 2, 2019
Status: Part Time w/Benefits Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital St Joseph Campus Work Schedule: Days and Evenings with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.600000: Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1168Summary:
Under the direction of the Director of Pharmacy, Lead Clinical Pharmacist, Clinical Pharmacists and, where applicable, the Senior Pharmacy Technician & Buyer or other designated supervisory personnel, performs technical activities associated with dispensing pharmaceuticals. Responsibilities:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- High School diploma or GED required;
- Six (6) months experience as a pharmacy technician required, or graduate of a formal Pharmacy Technician training program with Certification from Pharmacy Technician Certification Board required.
- If hired with 6 months of experience, Pharmacy Technician Certification required within 1 year of hire (for new external hires or transfers from outside the department - current hospital or CH transfers).
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to successfully pass a test of pharmacy math (grade of 80% or higher).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.Ability to operate office equipment, personal computer, telephone, fax machine, copy machine, hospital information systems, automated dispensing units and various other types of pharmacy automation.
- Proficient at report generation from various information systems.
- Proficiency in metric system and various types of pharmacy math calculations.
- Communicates effectively with physicians, nurses and other health professionals in matters pertaining to pharmacy services.
- Good manual dexterity (typing).
- Proficient in data entry.
- Works in office/warehouse setting with regular trips to patient care areas.
- Normal heat, light and safe working environment, typical of most office jobs.
- Works at computer intermittently for short periods of time, inputting or retrieving data and generating labels and reports.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.