Customer Services Representative Technical Central Lab
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: May 2, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Seton Professional Building Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Primarily responsible for the promotion and monitoring of the Laboratory's quality and exceptional service standards by maintaining proficiency in computer applications critical to laboratory processes (registration, order/result entry, reporting, etc); providing technical and non-technical assistance to laboratory and non-laboratory personnel; and, by demonstrating sensitivity to the unique needs of the customer, patient, and staff populations served.Responsibilities:
- Associate's degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or related discipline
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Two (2) years prior experience in a laboratory setting
- Demonstrated leadership/supervisory skills
- Working knowledge of LIS/HIS and PC-based software such as MS Word & Excel preferred
- Clear understanding of medical terminology
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to handle multiple complex issues under pressure without demonstrating any sign of frustration/disorganization.
- Possess the initiative and ability to demonstrate ultimate concern for the customers, anticipating their needs and going beyond their expected levels of service.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills; demonstrated telephone etiquette techniques.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Schedule flexibility