Care Coordinator Primary Care Medical Services MSMH
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lewiston, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jun 19, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Mt St Marys Hospital Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.06 Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Care Coordinator is responsible for facilitating a system of coordinated healthcare interventions and communications for populations with conditions in which patient self-care efforts are significant. The Care Coordinator engages and develops the patient as an effective member of the health care team. Care Coordinator interventions represent a wide range of approaches at the service delivery and systems level and partners with the patient to identify care needs and methods to meet those needs while in the community. Engaging appropriate personnel and other resources needed to support the patient to carry out all required patient care activities, as well as managing the exchange of information among participants responsible for different aspects of care. The Care Coordinator contributes to the provision of quality patient care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in the patient's self-care.Responsibilities:
- Graduate of accredited school of professional nursing required
- Licensed by State of New York as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Healthcare related field preferred
- Complete initial education series sponsored by CIPA for disease management as well as participation in ongoing educational series offered through this program required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint required
- Three (3) years physician office practice/hospital/primary care clinic or other equivalent experience preferred.
- Case management experience preferred.
- Six (6) years clinical management experience preferred.
- Management/supervisory experience in healthcare field preferred
- Excellent human relations and oral/written communication skills
- Answer telephones
- Compile statistics
- Compose letters/memorandums
- Coordinate events
- Coordinate meetings
- Develop office procedures
- Establish filing systems
- Interview others
- Maintain filing systems
- Maintain logs
- Maintain patient charts
- Proof-read documents
- Research information
- Schedule appointments
- Diagnostic equipment
- Personal computer
- Exposed to: Infection from disease-bearing specimens, a variety of electro-mechanical hazards, odorous chemicals and specimens, housekeeping cleaning agents/chemicals, hazardous anesthetic agents, body fluids and wastes; unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries and illness); dangers of assaults/hazards from investigating alarms.
- May be exposed to: infections and contagious diseases; biohazardous, radioactive substances; toxic chemical (photocopier).
- Regularly exposed to the risk of bloodborne diseases
- Subject to: burns and cuts; injury from moving parts of equipment; varying and unpredictable situations; many interruptions
- Occasional exposure to unpleasant patient or unit elements
- Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
- May perform emergency care
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours
- Requires judgement/action which could result in death of patient
- Handles: absentee replacement on short notice; emergency/crisis situations (potential patient violence)
- Increased pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries
- Travel required
- Hazards: conditions where there is danger to life, body, and/or health