Supervisor Nursing Patient Care Services MHB
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jul 19, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Mercy Hospital of Buffalo Work Schedule: Evenings Nights with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 3: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Supervises and coordinates the activities of hospital personnel and engages in a variety of procedure through the interpretation of hospital policy and procedures for staff personnel: participates in the investigation and preparation of reports relative to the improvement of patient care, safety, educational development and personnel performance.Responsibilities:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current New York State registration.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- BCLS and ACLS certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Two (2) years of acute care nursing.
- Charge nurse, managerial, or supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to develop rapport with multiple health care disciplines and providers across the continuum of care.
- Ability to relate well with physicians to maximize quality of care for patients.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and networking skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, discernment, and clinical assessment skills
- Ability to work in a high stress environment.
- Ability to manage conflict.
- Computer literate.
- Interpersonal Skills necessary to work productively with all levels of unit personnel.
- Possesses active listening skills.
- utilize technology to enhance communication and collect and report transfer center data
- obtain necessary information effectively
- provide clear direction
- provide positive communication during stress
- Critical thinking and the ability to
- evaluate patient needs, physician request, and placement decisions to ensure that the most effective
- patient flow and capacity for admissions is maintained
- Utilize professional judgment and autonomy in decision making, seeking assistance from management as needed
- Prioritize competing requests
- Ensure customer's expectations are met/surpassed
- Flexible and composed under pressure