Registered Nurse Ortho Nursing TMR
Location: Kenmore, NY, United States
Date Posted: May 9, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: The McAuley Residence Work Schedule: Evenings with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 2: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Coordinates total patient care through assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating. Participates in patient and family teaching and supports the activities of the clinical personnel on the Sub-Acute Unit. Actively participates in the direct care of the patient, utilizing the Nursing Process to treat patients with a variety of medical and surgical health problems. Collaborates with other health professionals in coordinating patient care and provides direction to other non-licensed personnel within the department.Responsibilities:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, ADN;
- BSN strongly preferred;
- Current New York State Professional Nurse License;
- Required to obtain BLS within first 3 months of employment;
- Meets and is current and competent with all New York State licensure requirements, not limited to Infection Control and mandatory adult/ elder abuse reporting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Registered Nurse experience in the Long Term Care, Sub-Acute or Acute Care settings preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to perform technical aspects of job with unit-based equipment;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to meet demands of unit staffing, including need for increased census and acuity.
- May be exposed to disagreeable conditions: odors, communicable diseases, infections, and injuries from patients or equipment.