Medical Assistant Piver Center SCH
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jun 13, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Medical Assistant is under the direct supervision of the RN and/or Physician to deliver care to the patient and assist the health care provider. He/she collaborates with other health care professionals in providing this care and also assumes clerical duties as assigned. Responsibilities:
- High School graduate or GED equivalent.
- Associates degree or certification from an accredited Medical Assistant Program required
KNOWLEDGE,SKILL AND ABILITY
- Previous Medical Assistant experience preferred
- Previous OB-GYN experience assisting physician and/or mid level providers with patient examination and procedures strongly preferred
- Desire and skill to meet the needs of the outpatient.
- Continuous awareness of need for safety measures in patient care.
- Must strive for gentle, friendly, cooperative and courteous behavior toward our poor and underprivileged population.
- Ability to obtain patient vital signs.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Compassion and understanding the needs of the obstetrics, gynecology, and gynecology oncology patient.