Application Programmer Analyst III Ancillary & Speclty Epic
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Aug 16, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Administrative Regional Training Cntr Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Facilitates a process, people, and technology method of transformation. Supports the organizations IT Applications for Catholic Health (CH) facilities. Identifies and implements software solutions for CH business and/or clinical needs. Brings vendor software solutions to CH customers. Serves as a technical liaison. Responsibilities include system installation and maintenance. Performs problem diagnostics, resolution, and documentation. Provides technical and functional analysis, system building, and testing. Prepares specifications and documentation related to systems. Provides support for specific projects. Knows the business and/or clinical processes and the technical mechanics to support the work. A level III Analyst does so at an intermediate complexity and competency, and is a resource IT team members. Procedures for the job are general, and work is minimally supervised. Employee knows and analyzes procedures, interprets them and adapts them with discretion as necessary.Responsibilities:
- Bachelors: minimum five (5) year of job experience in a computer science, business or healthcare field
- Associates: minimum six (6) years of job experience in a computer science, business or healthcare field
- Minimum eight (8) years support, technical, business, clinical, or healthcare related field in lieu of degree
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Intermediate computer experience required, with personal computer applications and larger systems.
- Previous healthcare information systems support experience strongly preferred.
- Project management experience is desired.
- Candidates for a clinical team should also be familiar with regulatory requirements applicable to patient care to include, but not limited to, JCAHO, NYSDOH, HIPAA, and OSHA. Clinical team candidates should also be proficient with patient care processes commonly found across the continuum of care.
- Candidates for a Clinical team may preferably have related health care specialty experience such as Nursing, Med Tech, Respiratory Therapy, Physical Therapy, or Pharmacy.
- Industry Certifications recognized with preference.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate skills with personal computer applications, including Windows, Microsoft Office applications.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft networking, Microsoft Server, and Web-based Application delivery.
- Intermediate skills with Wireless Networking, Distributed Networks and Remote Computing, and Communications technologies.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with hospital staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated intermediate knowledge of systems analysis concepts, techniques, tools, and standards required.
- Demonstrated broad or deep systems knowledge of assigned application groups, with proficient understanding of related integration.
- Demonstrated track record of excellent project and system documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively analyze and anticipate impacts of changes or modifications, technical or operational, to a complex environment.
- Demonstrated track record of facilitating discussions and decision making, including small project management.
- Ability and means to travel among CH sites
- Ability to travel to vendor sponsored training and user events. This may include air travel and overnight stays outside of WNY.
- Ability to successfully complete any required training and/or certifications pertinent to software support.
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Access to confidential information and handling of regulated content such as PHI is constant. Access to confidential business data is included.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Position requires flexible scheduling which may include covering evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays in order to provide support.
- Position requires routine on call assignment requiring individual to be available by phone and have access to a computer, internet access, and ability to log in. On call responsibilities may also require individual to come on site as necessary.