Administrative Assistant IV Administration MHB
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Sep 10, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Mercy Hospital of Buffalo Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Responsible for overall administrative support for the Administrative Office. Provides direct Executive Assistant support to President/CEO of Mercy Hospital, including: daily tasks, reminders, scheduling and maintaining the flow of information for effective functioning. Performs this regularly, multi-tasking with changing priorities at a high level of important and confidential CHS matters and issues. Coordinates the needs of the Department to include confidential interaction with professionals inside and outside the organization. Manages multiple high-level priority issues and contacts. Requires considerable knowledge and judgment regarding Hospital and Departmental regulations, procedures, and policies as well as understanding special programs.Also serves as back-up support to the Administrative Asst. III for the COO and Vice President of Mission.Responsibilities:
- A.A.S. Degree required
- Bachelors Degree strongly preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
- Minimum of five (5) years experience as an Administrative Assistant or Personal Assistant in a large organization.
- Experience in acute care facility preferred.
- Typing speed of 65 words per minute
- Intermediate to Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong phone etiquette
- Excellent customer service skills
- General understanding of and comfort with mathematical/statistical principles
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of standard office equipment (fax, copier, printer)
- Knowledge of Joint Commission policies preferred
- Strong dictation/transcription skills
- Awareness of confidentiality requirements
- Strong communication, management, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to anticipate and be cognizant of schedule and day to day activities while managing President's schedule
- Independent self-motivated and a team player.
- Must be able to work under stressful conditions, exercise tact, and diplomacy in frequent dealings with departments/physicians within the hospital and with outside agencies.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks